Bridging the Gap: A Huge Success and an Amazing Evening!
The generosity of businesses, organizations and individuals in the community was readily apparent Saturday night! One thing’s for sure: the LeMay Family Collection Foundation and Pacific Lutheran University can sure put on a fun and classy event.
723 Building Business sponsored a table to show support for the businesses, organizations and community.
Participants were treated to elegant tables, good food and great company. If you weren’t there on Saturday, you missed the opportunity to meet some fine people indeed, not to mention fantastic music from the Rockodiles!
There were many donations of gift baskets, art, and services for the silent auction, presented beautifully along the back of the room. Other donation opportunities included a 50/50 raffle, Heads or Tails, and bidding for dessert.
During dinner we enjoyed various speakers, from a warm welcome by Nancy LeMay and short speeches by the principles of each non-profit to beneficiaries of past scholarships. These organizations really do make a difference in the lives of those they touch!
Here’s a partial line-up of the things they do for the community:
- Provides scholarships for graduates of Bethel, Challenger, Graham Kapowsin, and Spanaway Lake High Schools
- Has been providing scholarships since 1986
- Provided almost $100,000 to about 80 students in 2014
- Organizes the community and resources to help families
- Offers parenting courses
- After school programs
- Drug and alcohol prevention
- Provides accessible, compassionate dental care to Puget Sound Children in need
- Provides dental outreach
- Provided over 34,000 visits to over 18,000 children in need in 2013
- Four locations:
The Parkland Clinic, 130 131st Street, Tacoma
South Tacoma Clinic, 3875 S 66th St, Tacoma
Gig Harbor Clinic, 8502 Skansie Ave, Gig Harbor
Bremerton Clinic, 3102 Wheaton Way, Bremerton